Sunday, December 25, 2011

Welcome!

Well, well...I said Id never do it, but here I am writing a blog.

I have no good excuses as to why I haven't been posting videos to my YouTube channel. My main reason is because it takes so fricken long to upload to my computer and then to YT. So there you are, I'm lazy...lol...or maybe my reason is because I'm not lazy...i find it difficult to sit at my computer for so long and just wait....AND everything runs so slowly so its hard for me to do any background stuff...anyways...

I just figured id start a blog since it would be a quicker way to get my voice out there, for me to vent and basically just get my shit out. Think of me what you will, but remember this, it is your choice to read my blog and if you don't agree with something i say, then feel free to click that little red X in the right corner of your window... :)


First off, I am currently 25 years old. Recently married. and moving in a few weeks. I live in Wisconsin, yes i love cheese, beer, and the Packers! :) w00t! No, i do not like brats, long winters, or sauerkraut. My husband's name is Scott, he will be 25 in a few weeks, and we are probably the coolest couple i know. lol ;) no really. he cracks me up. i cant believe some of the things he puts up with when i get in a mood. we are extremely sarcastic, sometimes to a fault. but usually its all good. I am pagan. always have been. at least that's how i feel...more on my childhood experiences later.

I grew up Christian. I feel i have maintained the moral values and the basic beliefs as far as how we should treat others, and such things. Jesus is a cool guy. He did many amazing things, and I'm excited to begin my quest in understanding his life (not the bible version) a little bit more. I have, for a long time, been up in the air about how i want to "fit in" as far as my beliefs and Scott's. Scott is Lutheran. He is very very accepting and supportive of my choice in beliefs. It brings me great joy to know he supports me. So recently Scott and I have been talking about the way many "Christians" carry out their daily life when they are not singin praise music in the church; holdin up their hands with tears streaming down their face b/c they are feeling the power of christ. and then they go home and beat their wife and children. Now dont go bitchin at me, i realize it may not be this extreme in every case, but seriously, think about it. When im in a church (and yes i have been) and ive even sung my heart out to some serious praise music. i can feel the power behind it. it really is touching. but then i look over and see a man i know to be a not so nice person, someone who now is singing about christ's love, and compassion, but then this man goes home and belittles his wife, or his neighbor, his family, etc. How on "GOD'S GREEN EARTH" is this following those beautiful praise songs he was singing earlier?!?!
Oh, Im sorry, the things i sing about i believe and follow in my daily life! I can get behind ANY Christian so as long as they go home and behave the way they are when they are singing/preaching in CHURCH!

DEAR GOD! is it so much to ask from these people to put their money where their mouth is?!

phew, im glad we got that out of the way! so back to my original point.
Scott and I have been discussing these issues lately. He still goes to chruch, which is a traditional Lutheran synod. But he also has read and interpreted the bible himself, not allowed someone else to do it for him and accept that its the truth and only meaning. So when he goes to church and listens to the sermons, he reaffirms his interpretations. So, i have been thinking alot lately and i talked to scott one day after church, that i really want to learn about Jesus' life and teachings and make my own interpretations. Then i came across a few YT videos about Christo-Paganism.

Now, many many years ago when i was researching the different types of religions, i came across all the typical ones and then paganism jumped up and yelled out to me. i also saw Christo-Paganism. But in my haste to label myself, i wanted to cut ties with all things christian. and paganism seemed to fit me perfectly. Now, if someone forced me to only pick one religion, id definitely go with paganism. But, as i grow older, and my faith is growing stronger, i have realized that many of my original beliefs that are chrisitian based are of course pagan based as well. So heres the dilemma, where does a natural born pagan with a christian foundation fit in? Of course i dont feel that i really have to fit in somewhere and be labeled, but it does help when i want to raise children with a strong sense of both, I dont want them to feel confused. So back to my main point...if i had to explain my own religion in its current state, and trust me, i realize how vague this will sound... Ecclectic Christo-Pagan.
there i said it. my point from 4 paragraphs ago...how i came to being ECP :D

anyways, what a way to start off my first blog huh? well sorry for the rants, but if you are going to keep reading, i you better get used to my passion. I am open to everyone as long as you are open to me too! :) I love the Goddess, she truely is my saving grace. i may be cynical and blunt, but i have a lot of love to share with the world. This blog is a place for me to get out my cynical and my love. A crazy mix, but thats me.

                                                    Moonowl1001

No comments:

Post a Comment